Yes! Look at the title!
I got this thing here!
Logging in to WordPress this morning I got a wonderful comment from Cynanyx telling me I’ve just been nominated for the Liebster Award. First off, I can’t believe I’ve never stumbled onto your prettacy before, will definitely be stumbling onto it in the future.
Secondly, my reaction:
I couldn’t believe I’d actually won an award. I’ve NEVER won anything before. Well nothing as ‘official’ as the Liebster reward. I got all excited over it, and then, when I’d calmed down, I went about figuring out: what is the Liebster Reward?
From what I’ve gathered it’s basically a chain award that helps bloggers that have less than 3000 followers to get a bit more publicity.
Once you get the award you nominate five to eleven other blogs and then you answer 11 questions that the previous nominee (in this case Cynanyx) asked. Then you ask 11 new questions to your chosen nominees.
Here are them official rules
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented the award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers whom you feel deserve this award and have fewer than or equal to 3,000 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the nominator, and ask your nominees 11 questions.
Alright, Imma write out my nominees and be amazed at the fact that these guys have not received this award already.
–And then it rained… by Jax
Second story I followed (second to Jax’s ISBI), and an amazing inspiration to me while writing my story. Jax’s legacy was the one I looked up to! It’s drama-filled with incredibly attachable characters! I love this story and I hope it never ends…even if it’s already at gen.8.
–The Ravenwood Legacy by vampirexheart
This was a story that took me way too long to start reading. It was the one I kept seeing in the corner of the internet and going ‘meh don’t really feel like it’. Finally, one day I decided to try it out, and I did not regret my decision! It’s a wonderful dark story about vampires and a dash of werewolves that uses a really fascinating writing style.
–The Insane Dubois legacy by SimComix
A mature story about an insane gene passed on from father to son! Each heir has the capacity to suddenly have their personnality flip around…it’s a wonderful story containing the most text I’ve seen so far in a sims 3 legacy. The characters are all brilliantly portrayed to us and the story has a breath taking plot.
–The Danevbie Legacy by sErindeppity
A golden find I stumbled upon recently and am loving the ride. It does touch on some ideologically sensitive subjects (spoiler alert: male pregnancy), but that’s what makes it wonderful. It’s ability to write such an amazing story on subjects others would be a bit more hesitant. It’s a fabulous story rich with drama.
–Trusting desire by Alice
A mature love story that particularly distinguishes itself through its presentation. It’s in a completely different format: A comic book format. I find this incredibly original, and the detail and time the author puts into each chapter is evident. And of course there is the intriguing love story between the two main characters that easily keeps you on the edge of your seat.
It’s up to you guys whether you continue the chain or not, I’m just happy I could brag about a few of my favorite sims 3 stories 😀 (there are several others, but many of them are currently on hiatus…)
Okay. Question answering time.
1. What made you start blogging?
Blogging as in Light the way to Heaven writing? Let’s assume the question is meant to be interpreted this way. Short story made even shorter this was just me writing a story all over again because my last legacy had a fatal malfunction and I lost all my data.
Short story made long, years ago I stumbled upon this specific legacy and inexplicably fell simultaneously in love with both the story and the simple idea of writing with sims. I still had sims 2 at the time, and that one wasn’t really story friendly, but when I did get sims 3 I had to try out story writing with sims.
2. If you had to summarize your blog in ten words or less, what would you say?
A drama-filled story where anything bad can just plain happen.
(that was exactly ten words btw)
3. If you could create a new Sims 3 expansion pack, what would it be? What would it include?
Woah. I like this question. How about an afterlife expansion? We get to go to the future and the past, how about hell or heaven or sims version of the afterlife? Could bring back some fancy old ghosts.
4. Reading on a tablet or reading from a printed book?
Books forever! Even if we kill a bunch of trees for it, tablets can’t smell like freshly printed books only like greasy fingers.
5. If you could be any character from your story, who would you be, if anyone?
Anyone at all? Oh geez. This is hard. But…I’ll take Cain because…Cain is a wonderful goody two shoes and he can see people’s emotions. James is only second because he can’t speak and I so do enjoy speaking. (And Velor is third because. Just because.)
6. Would you be willing to give up playing The Sims 3 forever for one million dollars (or whatever currency is most commonly used in your country)?
I WOULD NEVER
one million dollars
I’ll have to get back to you on that one…>_>
7. Dogs or cats?
I currently own a kitty cat, but I have owned a dog and I personally adore both. Kitty cats do think they’re king of the stairs, but they can do their own stuff. Dogs do require a lot of attention (a.k.a walking, so much walking), but they’re super lovable and loyal. (cats too, but dogs more)
8. What’s your dream job?
Dream job? In my ideal universe I write for a living. Preferably this story forever and ever. But that’s why it’s called a dream job right?
9. How much time per day do you usually spend playing The Sims 3?
…I don’t think it’s very wise I answer this question…
10. What’s your favorite thing about blogging?
Apart from the easy way I can put pictures and then text right underneath it? It’s knowing people are actually enjoying the stuff I post on here 😀
11. Is there anything else that people should know about you?
Hmm might as well put it here since I’ve never specified it, but Light the Way to Heaven will end after the 10th generation. There will not be an 11th.
OKAY. My turn to ask questions.
1. Do you pull from your personal life experiences when writing out your story?
2. If you answered yes to #1 can you gives us an example? If you answered no this is the place to insert the funniest gif you have.
3. Who is your favorite among all the characters you have written?
4. Oh boy! You suddenly meet this character! What happens?
5. Sims 3 suddenly has a global malfunction and dies on every single computer and will never work again, would you still continue writing your story only without pictures?
6. Are you the type who can totally write your sims story with a bunch of people looking? Or do you need to wait for everyone to leave the room before you can get comfy and write your sims?
7. Do you own a cat? This is a serious question. I swear 90% of sims 3 writers own a cat.
8. Your thoughts on sims 4? You may cuss as much as you like.
9. Are you planning on continuing with sims 3 once you’re done with your current story?
10. Favorite expansion? In amazing detail plz.
11. Last question! How would you like living in the sims world and being a sim yourself?
Alright that’s all folks! Good day