It’s been two years since the last one so I thought like
MAYBE I CAN INDULGE IN THIS AWARD AGAIN
On a similar note: took 2 years for it to cycle back around, I love these little awards lol
Will you look at this new badge though? It’s so pretty, I’m gonna put it somewhere on my blog
What is it?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to those who are creative, positive and inspiring while spreading sunshine to the blogging community.
1. In a blog post, thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the questions sent by the person who nominated you.
11 a certain number of new blogs to receive the award and write them new questions.
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
A huge thank you to two badass simmers who threw this my way: Lilaremonn and Sensationaltragedy. I’m caught up on Lila’s (easy, since she’s been on a bit of a hiatus :P) and she’s easily got the prettiest screenshots around, I’d check it out. As for Sensationaltragedy, SORRY I haven’t actually gotten to reading your legacy yet, BUT, I must say a first look of your blog has me intrigued. I like your name choices that’s for sure (coughs) Barthelemew (/coughs)
QUESTION TIME (From Lila)
- Which of your characters can you relate most to, and why?
(clears throat awkwardly)
I MEAN not on the same level, but let’s just say a lot of her thought processes bring me back to my teenager years.
What if I said I related to this guy, would you believe me?
I very highly relate to being proud and wanting to protect Nikolas. I’m also a badass so you know 😛
Lol, in all seriousness, it’s kind of hard to pin down because I easily relate to ALL MY CHARACTERS on some level. So the one I relate to the ‘most’ is the one I’m currently writing.
I’m so good at answering questions.
- How often do you work on your story?
What is…all day everyday?
Well I mean it depends what you qualify as ‘work’. If it’s the actual writing and screenshotting process that’s only a couple of hours on select days.
Now if you encompass everything, and that means the brainstorming, the plot developping, the character
killingIMEAN creating, the chapter flow making, well the answer is 24/7.
- What is your favourite genre of simlit?
THE STORY TYPE
wait that’s basically what simlit is right?
Lol I mean, I’m starting to get bored of the classic Legacy Points. I’m still a big fan of ISBIs because I love watching stuff fail and it brings out the morbid humor in an author XD
But these days, I kind of need it to be a story, because I’m seeking dat drama.
Whether it’s a story in legacy form like I do, or a short story, or a long story, it doesn’t really matter to me on that scale.
Best kind of thing though, is watching a writer evolve.
- Is there a personal tip for storywriting that you might like to share?
There are about a hundred and one tips to give, I could make a whole blog about this!
But if I had to choose….get yourself some good brainstorm buddies (Mine are the amazing Livvielove and Mpart, you can’t have them though, they’re mine). Preferably people who aren’t afraid to tell you when stuff is going weird places and being inconsistent, but who also 100% support your decision to bomb places.
(Also brainstorming is THE most important part of story writing. Don’t skip it, work it. It can bring to light some high inconsistencies that you wouldn’t see in the moment.)
- What kind of protagonists do you like the most?
(Pictures are worth a 1000 words amirite)
QUESTION TIME (From Sensationaltragedy)
- Where do these awards come from? Who created these awards and distributed them out to the blogging community?
THAT’S A GOOD QUESTION
give me a second
Google doesn’t know, I’m sorry
It might’ve been the Sunshine god, he felt he needed to bless us with love and communication.
- Were any of your characters inspired by anyone in your life?
but funny thing is, I end up connecting a lot of characters to other people. So maybe my subcouncious mind does this without me knowing?
Like I’ve recently found Nikolas in Dylan O’brien.
Just the right amount of dork.
But it’s kind of like the same situation where you’ll find yourself laughing exactly the same way your cousin laughs. Ever get that? You’ll say a phrase and stop like : that’s exactly how mom would say it.
I feel it’s the same with my characters, they EXIST, and then later I connect the dots like oh that reminds me of that one person I met 500 years ago. Or is this who I would’ve become if I had a few less marbles?
- When you’re blogging do you have “brain food” to help you along the journey that is putting fingers to keys?
- On average how long does it take to make just one chapter/post for your blog?
Well THESE days about like 2 weeks each. I’m a busy important person though (nods), so I spend about a week of that brainstorming and figuring out the hows and the whys. Maybe creating CC only to find out I DON’T ACTUALLY NEED IT YET
(throws picture away)
My chapters are usually about 3K words, that’s the normal. Takes me a good few hours to write and screenshot. I’d say maybe 5-6? That’s an estimate, I haven’t actually measured. That goes up if editing is required, and up even more if I have to make a lot of poses and building for it, and EVEN MORE if it’s some big chapter about people dying.
I’m cutting it close a lot these days, skimming that two week deadline, but the story’s gotten incredibly complicated. I’ve had to sit down for hours to detangle a lot of stuff, and I’m still not done XD (I love it all the same. Discovering the story is part of the fun)
- Who or what gave you the idea to start blogging whether it is on WordPress originally or not?
Pretty sure I’ve dropped a link of this here before, but I was a wee youngster messing around with sims 2 (family dramas were the best, making sims cheat on each other was my lifelihood), and I stumbled on this Starr Legacy, and it all unveiled for me, like:
What you can actually write a story with this??? It’s a thing??? I can merge my two favorite pass times together??
Of course I had ts2 only at the time, and that was a weird storytelling phase. I put it up on Deviantart, it’s about 2 chapters lol. And also pretty sure I took it down XD
But when I got ts3 I TESTED the waters (see first failed attempt at a legacy), and for a long time And then it rained was my biggest inspiration and kryptonite for blogging and writing. Unfortunately it stopped now, and there’s good reasons for it, but I’m still a little sad. I feel a lot of nostalgia over it XD
- If English is not your first language, do you write in your native tongue first and then translate or do you write in English first?/ If English is your first language what language do you wish you could read/write?
Well French is my first, but I’m fluent in English and in French equally. Or actually I like writing in English more. I’m so fluent they’ve come and blended together for me. I’ll think in french and write in english or any other combination you can think of.
So to answer your question, ENGLISH first. I’m also currently attempting to learn spanish for the heck of it.
Also for possible future survival needs. Who knows.
- This one is actually for me, but what kind of computer do you use/ what settings do you have your game set on?
Wait. The others WEREN’T for you? Who have I been talking to this entire time??
Ahem, well I’m an Acer laptop user with some pretty average specs. Got myself an SSD recently though, so I’m indulging in a 24/7 maxed out settings in the game + my HQ mod.
I mean the game dies and crashes – but only when I have 30+ sims in my active household.
Which happens WAY too often in my opinion for this generation.
Shush, that’s not why 23 people are going to die from this bomb.
- What’s the longest you’ve gone without playing any type of sims game?
Oh god, two weeks and one day. I still remember it like it was yesterday and not three years ago. They told me it would only be ONE week. You know what the worst part is? It was because I had to get my computer’s fan repaired. Since then, I’ve gotten a new computer so the old one is dubbed Old man. And Old man has been YELLING at me recently because his fan needs repairing again.
I got him a new one THREE years ago and he’s already broken it again. How ungrateful.
(Upon rereading that 3 year old post I made, like wooooo, I was really obsessed with my electronics. Good thing I’m not anymore right? Right? looks at the two laptops I have side by side)
- Do you play other games besides the sims?
Do you mean, do I have a life outside of this?
Lol yes, to list a few:
I could theoretically go on for a while here. But I’ve put down the big ones, so it’ll have to do.
- Name one thing you like about your story.
That editing tho, amirite
- Name one thing you’d like to change about your story.
THAT’S A BIG QUESTION THERE
Lol uh, I mean I do have a lot of regrets perse, you know, looking back and going WELP I COUDL’VE DONE THAT BETTER. But I’ve made peace with them all, and it’s all about moving forwards. So there isn’t anything at all that I would change, even though there could potentially be a laundry list XD
Ok wait one thing
I have a confession
Do not produce the babies you have seen.
Apart from Christopher, I FIXED the quads because Tarnowak gave them HORRIBLE faces.
God that feels good to get off my chest.
Yes the beginning of this genetic story is a lie.
I KNOW I’M SORRY.
In my defense I was just starting out and I didn’t know how to make faces decent even when they’re not decent.
NOMINATION TIME (do this on any of your blogs you want though, I like them all :D)
- Faction of the lost ones
- Edhen dath
- Colorful Insanity
- The Mendoza ISBI
- The Blakesley Legacy
- Dead girl walking
- Until death do us part
Only 7, how cheap are you?
Shush you, not everyone is that active these days.
And I do need to…read up on more…stories…
1) Do you have a brainstorm group? (A trick question for nominee #1 and #2)
2) How do you feel about that wonderful Laundry Day pack for the sims 4? Evolution am I right?
3) Do you have grand ideals for your story? A set goal you’re trying to achieve? Whether it’s in the complexity of the story, number of readers, or just simply managing to finish it?
4) Whether you’re writing a story or a challenge, were you a writer before playing the sims? Was that one of your hobbies?
5) What do you expect from the sims 5? Will there be a sims 5?
6) What’s the most amusing/hilarious/BEST fail you’ve ever had in the sims?
7) For statistical purposes, how much CC do you have for this game?
8) Do you think the sims 3 community will continue to thrive and survive, or do you expect it to fade out into the void of new
not improved sims games?
9) How did you come across the sims? Did a family member have it? Or friends?
10) I’m always in need of new music, so what’s your best tunes for writting/simming?